Insider Threat Indicators (ALARACT 322/2009)
- Advocating violence, the threat of violence, or use of force to achieve goals that are political, religious or ideological in nature.
- Advocating support for international terrorist organizations or objectives.
- Providing financial or other material support to a terrorist organization or to someone suspected of being a terrorist.
- Association with or connections to known or suspected terrorist.
- Repeated expression of hatred and intolerance of American society, culture, government, or principles of the U.S. Constitution.
- Repeated browsing or visiting internet websites that promote or advocate violence directed against the United States or U.S. Force, or that promote international terrorism or terrorist themes without official sanction in the performance of duties.
- Expressing an obligation to engage in violence in support of international terrorism or inciting others to do the same.
- Purchasing bomb making materials or obtaining information about the construction of explosives.
- Active attempts to encourage others to violate laws, disobey lawful orders or regulations, or disrupt military activities.
- Family ties to known or suspected international terrorist or terrorist supporters.
Indicators of a Potential Insider Threat