Soldiers attending the Fort Drum Basic Leader Course are required to bring the following documentation on zero day. Students who are missing paperwork from the following packet, or have incorrect paperwork, may be given additional time to correct minor paperwork issues at the Commandant's discretion, or may be denied enrollment for failing to meet the course pre-requisites.
1. Pre-Execution Checklist: Filled out in its entirety and signed by the Soldier's Commander. If not signed by the Commander, then Assumption of Command orders must accompany the document. The signature block on the checklist must be the same as the signature block on the Attachment Orders. There is NO part of the pre-executional checklist that is "optional." The current Pre-execution checklist can be found in the below link. Any forms older than the below attached form are obsolete.
2. Attachment Orders: Must reflect the correct Unit Office Symbol, start and end date, class number and signature block needs to be that of the Commander. If the Commander does not sign the orders then Assumption of Command orders will need to be attached to the orders.
3. Current Information Awareness Certificate
4. Enlisted Record Brief: Needs to be updated within ONE WEEK prior to the Soldier attending BLC. The ERB should have an updated PHA annotated (within 12 months-if expired on the ERB, Soldiers must bring proof of current PHA).
5. POV inspection: All Soldiers who will be driving POVs during the course will need to complete a POV inspection for the vehicle they will be driving with their Chain of Command. The POV inspection form is located at the end of this page. The inspection needs to be conducted no sooner than one week prior to the student attending BLC. Supporting documents required: copy of the Soldier's driver's license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance.
6. Student Guide: This page contains the BLC Student Guide, which is designed to help Soldiers scheduled to attend the course prepare. It is important that all Soldiers scheduled to attend BLC read the Student Guide with their Chain of Command prior to attending BLC.
7. Student Guide Signature Page: At the end of the student guide, following the packing list, sign the signature page acknowledging that the student, his/her First Line Leader, and Unit Commander or 1SG have read the guide and understand the consequences of the packing list deficiencies. Signature Page is part of in-processing packet.
8. Proof of current Physical Health Assessment (PHA). As noted in #5 above, proof of current PHA is normally annotated on the Soldier's ERB. If the Soldier's PHA is not updated on the ERB (within 12 months), Soldiers must bring proof of current PHA (print-out from AKO, "My Medical" stating date of completed PHA, for example). Soldiers 40 yrs of age and older must bring proof of over-40 physical and Cardiovascular Screening (EKG or treatment note).
9. Structured Self-Development Level1 Completion Certificate (DA 87). All Soldiers will bring proof of course completion as part of their BLC packet starting 1 April 2013.
10. DA Form 705 and DA Form 5500/5501. All Soldiers will bring a PT Card annotating their APFT within 30 days of course start date. If applicable, body fat worksheets will also be included in the packet.
11. All physical profiles. (Obsolete versions will not be accepted. Must be SEP 2010 e-profile Physical Profile).
Prerequisite reading material
Profession Of Arms White Paper
Student Packet Information
Student Guide with Packing List 2015.pdf BLC Class dates for FY 16 as 16 April 2015.pdf
BLC Packing List Slideshow
BLC Packing list
Pre-Execution Checklist POV Inspection
FD Pam 600-5 Example Attachment Orders
OCIE Guide TA 50 and Combat Equipment
Back / Home / Next