HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Your Passport Appointment will take between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on how many Family Members you have and how prepared you are. Once we submit your applications, it will take approximately 8 weeks to receive your passports. If Visas are required expect 4 additional weeks, depending on your destination.
back to top
WHAT ARE THE PASSPORT PHOTO REQUIREMENTS?
1. Must have been taken within the last 6 months and clearly represent a good likeness of the applicant.
2. Passport photos may be color or black and white, taken in normal street attire, without a hat or glasses. Uniforms, work clothing, T-shirts, and multi-colored shirts are unacceptable. Preferably a shirt with collar.
3. Headgear of any type is forbidden. Please ensure you have nothing in your hair, i.e. sunglasses, headband, scarf, unless worn daily for religious purposes.
4. Must be 2”x2”, with the face of the picture not more than 1-1 3/8” from top of brow to chin.
5. If you are to PCS to a country that requires a Visa you will need to obtain 4 passport photos.
6. If unsure of VISA requirements contact 772-6448 or 772-6536 prior to having photos taken.
back to top
WHERE CAN I GET PASSPORT PHOTOS?
1. For a fee, you can get passport photos at various drug stores, Wal-Mart or the US Post Office.
2. For a fee, you can also take your own photos at home and use online services like www.epassportphoto.com or www.mypassportphotos.com.
3. TASC, P-1029, will do NO-FEE passport pictures by on-line appointments only.
REQUESTING A PASSPORT PHOTO FROM TASC
Create a work request in VIOS by going to www.vios-east.army.mil, (you'll have to register if you haven't already). In the event that you are unable to register in the VIOS system, or log onto the laptop computer up front, please let the photographer know and we will assist you. Click on "work request / 3903", then click "next", then "photography", then type in a justification (i.e. "passport photo for PCS to Germany"), then click "photography" then click “NEXT”. Select PASSPORT Photo for type of photography. Photo type is Passport, Passport size is 2x2. In the drop down menu under “studio”, select the one that says PASSPORT PHOTOS! Below that in the appointment date box, click the calendar icon to the right (white box with an orange rectangle top) and select an available appointment time. Only change the quantity if you’ve been told that you need more than two copies. Click next to proceed. You will get a large empty box for “additional comments”. If you’re bring family members, please put something to the effect of “bringing spouse along with 3 children” in that box.
Please note that you DO NOT need to create multiple work requests for multiple family members - one request for the entire family will suffice. Click “next”. You will get a chance to ensure everything is correct. Click “next” and you will be given a work request number – write that number down and bring it to your appointment.
back to top
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE PASSPORT APPOINMENT?
1. Applications must be TYPED and printed single page prior to your scheduled appointment. Go to http://travel.state.gov to get the form(s) you need.
a. If applying for a new or lost NO FEE, OFFICIAL OR DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT use DS Form 11.
b. If renewing your NO FEE, OFFICIAL OR DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT use DS Form 82.
c. DO NOT USE YOUR TOURIST PASSPORT INFORMATION WHEN REQUESTING A NO FEE PASSPORT, DIPLOMATIC OR AN OFFICIAL PASSPORT.
d. Do not sign the application
2. DoD ID Card
3. Original Birth Certificate(s)/Naturalization Certificate (must be the original & have raised seal issued by the county or state where born) *Original Birth Certificate will be sent in with application*
4. Any Passport Issued in last 15 years (Official and/or No-Fee)
5. 2 x Passport photos
6. Original Social Security Card
7. ALL FAMILY MEMBERS (ADULTS & ALL CHILDREN), MUST BE PRESENT AT APPOINTMENT.
a. Children that are biological to both parents: Bring ALL items listed above
b. Blended Family: Bring ALL items listed above plus:
(1) Divorce decree/custody agreements
(2) Adoption papers and/or legal name change documents
c. *If both parents cannot be present for the appointment, or sole custody/adoption has not been established, use DS Form 3053 which MUST BE SIGNED AND NOTARIZED BY THE ABSENT PARENT (the DS 3053 is only valid for 90 days after notarization), as well as a copy of the front and back of the ID card that was used when completing the DS 3053.
back to top