The Army requires soldiers to successfully complete a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Course prior to operating a motorcycle on or off the installation, on or off duty. The Fort Drum Command Safety Office sponsors FREE MSF COURSES.
|Basic Rider Course
3 Day course
||The BRC is a basic riders course that teaches the basic skills of motorcycling. Participants are required to pass a written exam and a riding evaluation at the end of the course. Motorcycles are provided and this is a state licensing program. Participants must have valid permit and drivers license. |
|Experienced Rider Course 7 Hr.Course
||Must have a BRC card before taking the ERC course. |
- All classes are held at the location and start at time shown on the web site.
- Students must have with them:
- License or permit
- Proof of registration
- Proof of insurance (ERC)
- Motorcycles are provided for the BRC course.
- Required safety equipment for motorcycle training:
- DOT approved helmet
- Shatterproof eye protection or full face helmet with face shield.
- Full fingered gloves
- Long legged trousers (not flared)
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Over the ankle sturdy boots
- Reflective garment front and back (PT belt OK)
- All MSF courses offered by the Command Safety Office must be scheduled online at