WATERTOWN – Jefferson Community College is accepting submissions from alumni, JCC students, faculty and staff for the 2014 edition of the Black River Review.
The Black River Review is a journal of poetry, prose and fine arts. The deadline for volume XXIV is Feb. 14.
Submissions should be original work and categorized as one of the following:
* Poetry: five to seven poems, not to exceed 50 lines each;
* Fiction: two short stories, not to exceed 1,500 words each;
* Nonfiction: two essays, not to exceed 1,500 words each;
* Artwork: in the original medium (for example, black ink or pencil drawing, laser-printed computer graphics, black and white photographs, even if printed from color film);
* Music: melody 16 measures or more in length, laser-printed computer notation.
The title of the submission, category of work, author’s name, address, telephone number and a brief biographical note must appear on a separate cover sheet; only the title should appear on the manuscript.
Original written work may be submitted by email to email@example.com; by mail to Jefferson Community College, Attn: Brian Topping, 1220 Coffeen St., Watertown, N.Y. 13601; or by visiting Melvil Dewey Library, Room 5-204C.
Original artwork may be submitted by mail to Jefferson Community College, Attn: Lucinda Barbour, 1220 Coffeen St., Watertown, N.Y. 13601; or by visiting Room 6-102, Jules Center (Building 6).
For more information, call Brian Topping, Black River Review editor and English instructor at JCC, at 786-2331.
Upon publication, complimentary copies of the journal will be available for the public at the campus bookstore and Melvil Dewey Library on campus.
(Jefferson Community College)